Monday 12 October 2015

12 days to go....

The month of October...

Hey all

October... Where did September go to? I am amazed that in 12 days (Saturday 24th October) I will be landing in Oz.

Well
What a week this has been. I don't know about you but for me my last week was one that was so crazy.
Last Monday I was able to visit a good friend of mine who lives on the other side of town. As I was preparing to leave I noticed that I had a flat tyre. OK good to fix this now and to then go straight to a petrol station to fix this. I was so thankful to my friends workers who helped me and changed the tyre. It was a bit of a TIA (this is Africa) moment.
I got almost home when I could hear a loud sound. At first thought my mind went to Oh is that the car in front of me, I then felt the steering going funny. I think at this point some people were yelling out to me, but I kept going to and pulled over to a safe place.
Another flat tyre. OK this can be fixed. I called some people at Engedi after talking to a person walking by. Just as people were about to come and help,  Emma's friends who are from Fiji came along reversed their car and stopped to help me. They recognised my car and were more than happy to help me as it was getting dark. Just as we were finished my home group leader Peter came along stopped his car and got out to see what was going on. By this point the sun had set and we were ready to go home. TIA yet again, but through it all God knows and is so much bigger. He has a plan and a purpose in all that I do.

We have a Mama (Mama Agape) who is due to have her 3rd baby. This past week on Wednesday she was admitted to hospital with pains. I arrived later at the hospital, a government hospital that is one of the better ones. (Saint Elizabeth). They said that she could stay in the hospital but that it would be 3 people to one bed. At this point we decided that this would not be so good, so after trying to figure out where was good to take her we decided on ALMC a Lutheran hospital. By this point it was getting late and Mama Agape was in pain. We drove there and after taking her to the emergency room she was seen and then admitted into the hospital for the night. She stayed until Saturday afternoon.
I was able to take Baba Agape (husband) back and forth to the hospital. Please continue to pray for Mama Agape and her family, as this time has been tough for them. They have 2 young children Agape (8 years) and Christian (6 years) at home. It was a joy to see their faces on Saturday afternoon when they saw their mum return.

So as the preparations begin let me share a some AWESOME stuff that has been happening.
Yesterday (Sunday) I was able to go to my African parents church Mama Lois and Pastor, along for the service was Emma, Rod and Jan.
At the end of the service there was a time for prayer and healing. A lady named Elizabeth came up to me and explained that she had been in a car accident, and that her right hand was very sore, she couldn't move it. I asked her if I could pray for her hand. As I laid hands on her hand and prayed she was healed. This was such an awesome thing, because when she came to me for prayer she could not move her fingers, but when I prayed at the end her hand/ fingers were healed.
This is such a testimony to the greatness of the God that I serve. He is awesome!!!!

On another high praise point I must share yet another awesome testimony of what the lord is doing. As I prepare to come back to OZ I had been asking the lord for a car to use while I am back, as this would make life, getting around, seeing people and doing life in OZ so much easier. He provided. The lord provided through a faithful person.

These 2 testimonies have truly encouraged me over this past week, and I am so thankful to be able to share them with you!!!

I am truly just praising God for the goodness of who he is. I have just submitted yet another assignment and finished this subject for Uni.
This means that I now have 6 out of 16 subjects to complete. My aim is to be DONE by October next year.
I will complete another subject (My 0-2 practicum) in November for 4 weeks, and I would ask that you join me in prayer as I complete this subject.

As it has been 2 years since returning to OZ, I will be around for a little longer the dates will be 24th October (arriving) and leaving on the 28th February.

If you would like more details on my movements in these months please send me an email, Fb message, Skype or when I return a text message when I get a sim for my phone. I would love to take the time that I have to share in your lives, to share the happenings and to spend time in your communities however this may look.

So as I prepare to return I do have a few prayer requests that I would love for you to join me in praying with me.

* Pray with me as the national elections for Tanzania are coming up I will leave a few days before voting. I ask that you would join me to pray for the nation of Tanzania as these elections are big.

* Pray for safety as I travel on the 22nd October first via shuttle to Nairobi and then flying out the next day to arrive in OZ on Saturday evening (24th October)

* I still have many available times to catch up with you all. I would love to share in your lives, your church lives, youth groups, kids church, women's groups, home groups and any other happenings that may be going on from the months of the end of October- Late February.

* Please pray for our house Mama (Mama Agape) who is about to have her 3rd child. She was in hospital last week with pains, but has been sent home. I would ask that you join me in praying for her and her family as she prepares to have this baby. Please pray for the doctors here and that her birth would be smooth.

Well for now I am about to race back down to school to teach my 4-5 year olds..

Send me an email, keep me posted as I would LOVE to connect with you all again soon.

Blessings.


No comments:

Post a Comment